One of the most inspiring posts I see on my many author forums is when someone takes the time to share their story. Each Friday, I’m going to feature a different indie author to help inspire all of you!
- What is your pen name? Melissa Ragland
- What genre do you write in? NA Epic Fantasy
- How many books have you published? One. The second releases next month!
- What inspired you to become a writer? I read a LOT as a kid, and books taught me so much about life and hardship and being a good person. Fiction can be an escape, but it can also mold people (especially young people) and inspire them to be better. I’ve always loved creating worlds and stories, and wanted to see if I could bestow that magic on others the way it was on me.
- What is your indie success story? Success is a relative term. The NikiMorris.com readers are at various levels of their careers, and want to hear it all. Where you able to buy yourself a fancy cup of coffee? Take your family out to dinner? Take a vacation? Buy a house? We want to hear it all! There are no victories or success stories too small! I almost didn’t fill this out when I saw the word ‘success’ at the top! XD But I’m learning to take success in small measures. I wrote a book! And then another. And another is nearly ready for release next month. That alone is a huge success. I’ve learned an immense amount about writing, storytelling, and publishing in the last two years, so getting a single sale or a single review feels like a validation of all that hard work. Most importantly, I still love writing, even after experiencing firsthand the immense amount of work that goes into building a good story.
- What are your marketing and advertising strategies? Right now? Write the next two books! In all seriousness, though, I’m puttering with AMS ads and keeping up with social media, as well as jumping in on the occasional newsletter swap with other indie writers. Mostly networking at this point. Once the first arc/trilogy of the series is out, I’ll start pushing much harder on advertising.
- What are you working on right now? Finishing up book 2 for it’s release this week!
- Where can we find your work?
As a thank you for following my blog, I wanted to send you some awesome (and helpful) self publishing tools. Click the link below to receive the following FREE items:
Word Count Tracker
Self-Publishing Comparison Chart
Inspired by this author’s post, and want to start your indie author career? My book, will give you all of the information you need to begin!